AnthroXtacy - Club and Avatars Discussion

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mustelidae

Poll

Otters. Are you satisfied with the current AVs out there?

[ 1 ]
    Mustelidae Bar_left25%Mustelidae Bar_right [25%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Mustelidae Bar_left50%Mustelidae Bar_right [50%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Mustelidae Bar_left25%Mustelidae Bar_right [25%] 

Total Votes: 4
    Poll closed
    Dmitri Snowpaw
    Dmitri Snowpaw

Mustelidae Empty Mustelidae

Post  Dmitri Snowpaw Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:29 pm

I'm making a post regarding the family of Mustelidae, specifically otters. The family Mustelidae includes not only otters, but badgers, weasels, polecats, et cetera. I honestly believe that Second Life could really use an otter AV. There are very few vendors who actually sell an otter AV. I've looked around SLX and around other malls, and it seems to me that the most prominent seller of otters is Lost Furest. While these AVs are something I've SETTLED for, they could be greatly improved upon.
    I myself am an otter, but apart from that, Lost Furest to me is decent. They are by no means BAD AVs, so I mean no disrespect. I just purely think that they aren't anywhere up to par with Tin's AVs. Tin makes amazing AVs that she puts a lot of hard work into. Compared to Lost Furest, I think if she was to make an otter AV, it would blow theirs out of the water. The otter they offer is overpriced for what you get. You get a simple texture, tail, and head pieces. Along with some childish extraneous parts that really, if you're even remotely serious about your AV, you probably wont wear or use. So. With that, the question I pose is whether or not an otter AV should be created. In my opinion, if AX Avatars was to make an otter AV, they would probably get enough money in return to justify the time it would take. While I do know that in the current market there are AVs that seemingly are highly desired, but it is my honest opinion that if AX Avatars was to come out with an otter, you would see many more people with one. Tin is a respected maker with great works. It's quite apparent from her other lines of anthro avatars.
    All-in-all, I believe if otters were to be made, and possibly put on the priority list, money would be made. I've asked about the club and been told by about a dozen people that if Tin was to make an otter AV, they'd buy one. These were people that didn't even OWN an otter AV. Most likely because there isn't one on the market that's even worth the time or the Linden. On top of this, I'm sure many Lost Furest otter owners, if they saw a more detailed, and all-around better otter AV, they would probably make the switch to AX. I can't speak for all otters, but I know for sure that the Lost Furest otter AV leaves much to be desired, and I very much believe that Tin could make an AV that would meet and exceed what I would like to see in a new otter AV.
    The bottomline is that the current AVs for Mustelidaes, otters in specific, are lacking and I believe there's much money to be made if there was simply a better AV on the market to compete with Lost Furest.
    Dmitri Snowpaw
    Dmitri Snowpaw

Mustelidae Empty Re: Mustelidae

Post  Dmitri Snowpaw Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:50 pm

In short, if there was to be an otter AV made by Tin, I've been told by various people that they'd buy an otter AV to add to their furry AV collection.
    On top of that, I could honestly say that most of the otters within the furry community on SL would buy an AX Avatar otter AV if it was made known to them that they were now available.
    Whiile otters may not be a huge part of the fandom, I believe making an otter AV honestly would bring in pretty good revenue from people that wanted in on the cute, aquatic mammal's life.

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 2:09 pm