AnthroXtacy - Club and Avatars Discussion

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

The dancefloor.

Fynn Monday
    Fynn Monday

The dancefloor. Empty The dancefloor.

Post  Fynn Monday Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:19 pm

Why is it the dancefloor, sometimes when you step on it light where you are but 80% of the other time it doesn't? I'm just wondering since it's really confusing at times and i'd love to see the floor lighting up where you are dancing.

The dancefloor. Snapsh13
    Tinintri Mistral
    Tinintri Mistral
    Admin

The dancefloor. Empty Re: The dancefloor.

Post  Tinintri Mistral Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:49 pm

Fynn Monday wrote:Why is it the dancefloor, sometimes when you step on it light where you are but 80% of the other time it doesn't? I'm just wondering since it's really confusing at times and i'd love to see the floor lighting up where you are dancing.

The floor can only illuminate where your avatar is 'standing' in world. When you animate your avatar, your avatar is technically speaking still 'standing' in that position while it animates. If the animation happens to move your avatar away from it's standing point, Second Life won't see that as moving. The floor will only see you as moving if you are actually making your character move around in world with directional controls, not animations. If that makes any sense.
    Fynn Monday
    Fynn Monday

Post  Fynn Monday Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:37 am

Ahh okay. Thanks Tinintri. =D Appriciate your answer.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:32 pm