AnthroXtacy - Club and Avatars Discussion

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

AX Hose Avatar Ideas

Akitagami

AX Hose Avatar Ideas Empty AX Hose Avatar Ideas

Post  Akitagami Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:05 am

Hey, so I'm really excited about the upcoming AX horse avatar. I've been looking around for a good one to replace my freebie from Chimera Studios (which is REALLY good as far as freebies go), and haven't found anything that is much better, so I'm just counting down the days until the AX one gets released. Speaking from the perspective of a horsie, there are a few features that I'd really love to see in the AX horse outside of the standard stuff that comes with AX avatars (Digi/plant legs, moving jaw, etc.)

-A nice mane that goes down the back of the neck. The Chimera avatar that I'm using looks great, but has part of the neck integrated into the head object in order to create a mane for the horse. It looks fine except for when the neck gets hyperextended up, which makes it look really unnatural. Avenity addressed this by leaving a mane out, and instead giving options for a pony tail, which doesn't look nearly as good overall (horses need manes, and I'd be really disappointed if they were not included in some form =P)

-A halter specifically designed for the AX horse avatar's face. The halters bulge out and look unnatural if you try to use one that was not specifically made for that avatar model, so I'd love to have the option of purchasing AX specific halters with horse avatars. It'd be nice if these came free with the AV, but I would definitely be willing to shell out extra L$ for this. I would love for them to have customizable colors and optional reigns (kinky).

-Customizable face and ear markings. I haven't seen these in any avatars except for the Chimeras (which are really awesome in terms of features, especially considering that they are freebie), which allow you to add nose and cheek markings to the face. For avatars without this feature, such as those made by Avenity, everyone of a given color tends to look like clones.

-Maybe a couple of interchangable noses? Horse noses tend to differ in terms of shape and color, so I think this would help a lot with making everyone not look like clones.

-The option to switch between hooved hands and human-ish hands, and change horseshoe colors.

-Interchangable tails of varying fluffiness and the option to have it bandaged at the base. Again, just because I think it would look hot. Some tails that come standard with horse avatars look unnaturally fluffy.

-Blushing and ear positions. A bit of red tinting over the nose that can be turned on and off, and the ability to control ears are features that I've found to be really useful in RP situations, and add a lot of "flavor" to the avatars.

Whatever features you decide to incorporate, I'm sure that the horse avatars will come out awesome! I will be first in line to get one at the first release party! See you in-world!

Akitagami Scarbridge
    Tinintri Mistral
    Tinintri Mistral
    Admin

AX Hose Avatar Ideas Empty Re: AX Hose Avatar Ideas

Post  Tinintri Mistral Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:05 pm

Akitagami wrote:Speaking from the perspective of a horsie, there are a few features that I'd really love to see in the AX horse outside of the standard stuff that comes with AX avatars (Digi/plant legs, moving jaw, etc.)

Already done! The horses, at least, will come with two choices (aside from not wearing legs at all) - digitigrade and clydesdale styles. While I'd like to make a digi-clydesdale style, it just isn't visually a possible idea the way I'd ultimately like to do it right now with invisiprims. Once 1-bit avatar hiding is made, you bet i'm gonna jump all over it!

Akitagami wrote:A nice mane that goes down the back of the neck.

I'm going to try to give wearers of the equines several different mane/hair choices, if I don't burn out with all the stuff I'm already working on. A mane that goes down the neck is one of them, but it's a bit of a difficult thing to do with how the SL avatar mesh allows attachments and bends. But like I said, I'm going to try!

Akitagami wrote:A halter specifically designed for the AX horse avatar's face.

I've already had several individuals and creators ask for a pre-release horse head and parts to make bridles and halters and extras for them. I intend to include a couple little things of my own, but none with features or anything, just simple goodies. One way or another, I doubt you'll have to wait long if at all for extras for the equine avs to come out. Smile

Akitagami wrote:Customizable face and ear markings.

Already in the making. Wink

Akitagami wrote:Maybe a couple of interchangable noses? Horse noses tend to differ in terms of shape and color, so I think this would help a lot with making everyone not look like clones.

The way the nose/nostrils on my horse work will allow them to flare and be normal, which'll allow also for a 'snorting' particle animation.

Akitagami wrote:The option to switch between hooved hands and human-ish hands, and change horseshoe colors.

Already done. Wink

Akitagami wrote:Interchangable tails of varying fluffiness and the option to have it bandaged at the base. Again, just because I think it would look hot. Some tails that come standard with horse avatars look unnaturally fluffy.

Already in the making. Wink

Akitagami wrote:Blushing and ear positions. A bit of red tinting over the nose that can be turned on and off, and the ability to control ears are features that I've found to be really useful in RP situations, and add a lot of "flavor" to the avatars.

I dunno about the blushing... that's something you could easily add on your own if you desired. AX avatars already allow ear control, but Brisby's created more intuitive controls for them, so you can look forward to better control over the horses' ears than any av before. And since he'll be within 10 feet of working distance from me very soon, you can bet i'll 'ride' him to work the best features possible in, pun intended.

Very Happy
    Akitagami

Post  Akitagami Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:59 am

Awesome! I'm extra looking forward to the AX horse now! cheers

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:18 pm