AnthroXtacy - Club and Avatars Discussion

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Suggestions on Leben Schnabel's new lion avatars

Leben Schnabel
    Leben Schnabel

Suggestions on Leben Schnabel's new lion avatars Empty Suggestions on Leben Schnabel's new lion avatars

Post  Leben Schnabel Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:10 am

I've got reason to hope for a little bit of more free time soon and I'll start working for real on my new lion avatars. Of course, they'll be in the same style as the wolves: highly detailed, but not photo realistic.

What did you miss in the wolves? What would you like to see in the lions?

Cheers,
    -L

PS. I can't give a release date yet, it's too early in the work cycle.
    PPS. For those who don't know my avatars yet: you can take a peek at them here: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/lebenschnabel/
    VinceD
    VinceD

Suggestions on Leben Schnabel's new lion avatars Empty Re: Suggestions on Leben Schnabel's new lion avatars

Post  VinceD Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:48 pm

My only issues with the wolves, even though I never got one, are these:

1. Texture baked on the face so that it always seems lit up from the same angle. Makes it look odd in most lighting.

2. Price. I know they're very detailed, but two of the features [one of which is expected standard on most anthros avs these days] were available only on the female, and the rest were basic av features. I'm ok with 1.2k anthros when they're so well made, but 1.5k seems a bit much to me.

So for the lions, don't 'bake' the textures. If you want to keep the price high, add in some more stuff, or cut the price. Also, please include all the features in both genders. I have no idea why you split them up like that with the wolves. ^^;
    Leben Schnabel
    Leben Schnabel

Suggestions on Leben Schnabel's new lion avatars Empty Re: Suggestions on Leben Schnabel's new lion avatars

Post  Leben Schnabel Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:06 am

Thanks for your input, Vince.

The visual impact of my work relies for a big part on the depth that the lighted baked textures generate, so they're very likely to stay. I could experiment in order to make them a bit more neutral, maybe.

Are there others out there who think that the lighting of the wolves clashes too much with the lighting of SL?

As for the pricing: I personally feel that it is a very balanced price point, and many customers have mentioned that they feel the same, without that I even asked. Between the L$ 600-900 for most furry avatars and the L$ 2.000 (some Werehouse avatars) to L$ 3.500 for some feral avatars who seem to sell very well, I feel I offer good value for money.

My ultra detailed style takes ages to create, I worked for 5 months on the wolves. Also, the female wolf shares nearly no prim with the male and has a completely different body texture. That's why I don't sell both genders in one package.

I value all feedback that I get. However, I need to think very hard about the "do even more work for less money" suggestion... Smile
    VinceD
    VinceD

Post  VinceD Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:09 pm

I didn't mean to sell both genders in one package, I was speaking about how you split up the features. Eye states are pretty much expected on most anthro avs these days, and because they were not included on the male version of the wolf, I did not buy it.

And depth is good, however, the wolf head looks as if it's lit from one side, rather than the front or top etc.

Also, as for the last bit of your reply, it's an either-or situation. I was not implying you do more work for less, but rather, keep the current price and add one or two more things, or leave the features the same, but drop maybe 100-200L off. However, they're your avs, sell them how you see fit. I'm only speaking from a consumer's point of view.

Last edited by VinceD on Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Leben Schnabel
    Leben Schnabel

Post  Leben Schnabel Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:57 am

Yeah, I understand your viewpoint. Rest assured: Knowing me, it's very unlikely that my next avatars won't have some more features. I'm thinking about a new blink-able eye layout (for both genders) and maybe expressions. Let's see if I find a way to perfectly animate my über-detailed eyes; unfortunately, the way SL works comes a bit into the way of that, and I'd rather not fall back to a more simple eye layout.
    Leben Schnabel
    Leben Schnabel

Post  Leben Schnabel Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:36 am

A preview of the INSTINCT Lions can now be found here. New: Expressions!

Cheers,
    -L
    Veron Helstein

Suggestions on Leben Schnabel's new lion avatars Empty lower jaw

Post  Veron Helstein Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:40 pm

hi there ... i had the pleasure to see the lioness inworld today and liked it very much. But one thing that need some work from my pov is the lower jaw that looked somehow square and bulky ...
    Onyx Arrowmint
    Onyx Arrowmint

Post  Onyx Arrowmint Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:06 am

you could always add more to your vendor for those of us wanting more choices, such as a more detailed hud(One that will shorten/lengthen/change color of the ponytail and hair fluffs, different hair styles, gestures, etc.)

I'd gladly pay anywhere from 500 to 2500L for a more detailed hud. The reason I say this, is because your avvies are instantly recognizable, both from its' level of detail, as well as everyone's look the same. It is so hard to find hair that actually matches that level of detail as well as fitting the head properly.

I know something like what I ask would most likely take you a couple months to make, but I think I am not alone, when it comes to people wishing to not look like a carbon copy of other Instinct Avatars out there, when we were choosing to stand out in a crowd to begin with, by choosing such a wonderful looking wolf avvie.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 6:50 pm