AnthroXtacy - Club and Avatars Discussion

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Bovine Avatars?

Ender Dirval

Bovine Avatars? Empty Bovine Avatars?

Post  Ender Dirval Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:15 am

If there's something I've noticed recently...it's that SecondLife really seems to be lacking a good anthro bovine/bull avatar that isn't in the form of some overly huge, muscly minotaur type creature. I've searched far and wide for one, both in world and on Xstreet, and have to find a decent looking one. In the lack of a good anthro bull avatar, I had to settle for the following minotaur one I found on Xstreet:

https://www.xstreetsl.com/modules.php?name=Marketplace&file=images&ItemID=1020474

While not a bad avatar in and of itself, though, it's still not really what I'm looking for in a bull avatar, as it's overall appearance is still too bulky, muscled, and monstrous looking, resembling more like something out of Dungeons and Dragons then the true anthropomorphized bovine avatar I'm really looking for. There are other vendors selling similar minotaur avatars, but they all retain that monster-like muscled body, looking more like monsters then true furries.

I recently found ONE vendor the sells true, anthro/furry bovines...but once again they're not all that great looking in my opinion:

https://www.xstreetsl.com/modules.php?name=Marketplace&file=images&ItemID=1807268

They're too simplistic, the heads look too cartoonish, and they're just not worth the price the vendor is asking for them (in my opinion, in any case).

So...I guess the point I'm trying to make here is why doesn't AX give bovines some love? I realize they're not exactly one of the more popular species when compared to the more mainstream ones, such as canines, felines, dragons, and etc., but I'm sure I'm not the only person on SecondLife who's dismayed by the lack of a quality anthro bull/cow avatar, and I think if given a chance they might actually sell fairly well. I'm a big fan of AX avys...especially the toned and slender, yet still muscular look Tinitri gives most of hers, and would love to see an AX Bull/Cow sometime in the not to distant future. I realize you're all busy getting the new equine out at the moment...just thought I'd offer this up as an idea to ponder. Take it or leave it. :3
    Tinintri Mistral
    Tinintri Mistral
    Admin

Bovine Avatars? Empty Re: Bovine Avatars?

Post  Tinintri Mistral Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:41 am

Originally the reason for no bovines was an obligation not to give certain people's avatars competition, as at the time they were working under the AX name and had made a bovine avatar. Said persons' avatars are no longer housed under AX, so it may well be a possibility for future endeavors.

I suppose the only reason I've not made one is the same reason the horse and other avatars are not yet done - the drive to finish anything of a major task like that is an endeavor I'm not all too willing to persue due to copybot and security issues ravaging SL at the present time. If SL cleans up it's act or I have a sudden desire to create something, a bovine could certainly be on the list of things that could mysteriously pop up. :>
    Ender Dirval

Post  Ender Dirval Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:05 pm

Heh, well. Like I said. I just thought I'd throw the idea out there. As I said before, I'm a big fan of your avatars, so please, keep up the good work and you can look forward to continued business from me. ^^

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 9:56 pm